Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August

Excuse me summer but where did you go? I find myself asking this too often about my time. I REALLY can't believe it's the middle of August already. I have to take my little guy in for his 4 month shots tomorrow. Boooo. I can't believe he's 4 months. I can't believe a lot of things.

I kind of have a complex about trying to get everything done and keeping in touch with all my friends. I feel so bad when I don't get to it or don't get things done. Maybe it's because I feel like it's part of my new full time job. How funny I was in thinking I would be bored if I didn't work full time after having a child. Sheesh! What was I thinking?

So Nathan is 17 weeks and he continues to grow and reach his little milestones. He just started rolling from his stomach to his back this week on a consistent basis. He's rolled from he stomach to his back 2 times but is still working on that one. He LOVES to blow spit bubbles and stick his feet in his mouth. He's a big boy at 19 pounds (unofficially). I am so completely in love with him. It's a really wholesome, peaceful, just plain wonderful feeling. Hmmm...did I mention I'm not looking forward to the shots tomorrow? Sigh.

So on the running front, things are coming along nicely. I'm feeling pretty decent most days. I still can get overly tired easily but I manage it pretty well. The only thing that is annoying to me that when I am really tired I have a hard time concentrating on one thing. It sucks when I make long drives because I tend to get easily distracted. It's like my eyes get tired and want to go to sleep. It's a weird thing. So I digress. Anyway, running. I have built up to a solid 12 miler (8:45ish pace) on the weekends (followed by a day off for now) and fairly easy runs the other days 5-7 miles (8:20ish pace). I'm at 42 miles the past couple weeks. I finally signed up for the Akron Half Marathon so I really need to start doing something to get my legs moving a bit faster. I'm not looking to break any records that day, but I would like to show up as well prepared as possible.

This past week I did a few faster miles during one of my runs to kick start the faster running. I alternated easy running with a couple 7:00 miles. It went well. I then went and ran an old school cross country race hosted by the local running club. It's always a good time. I was a little nervous I would hurt myself somehow, but it turned out well. I ran 21:38. I was happy. It's a fairly difficult course with a lot of people. The start was interesting. I think everyone took off like crazies. High school kids have a lot to learn about pacing. My body felt good. I just need to work on getting stronger and faster again.

So I'm still plugging away. Getting up and getting out the door to meet some of my running friends just wasn't happening after my race. Ha ha...I have my work cut out for me huh? I am just about at my normal weight....and pretty much back to normal. There are a few little things, but those will pass with time I'm sure.

So as summer wraps itself up, I'm looking forward to fall, my favorite season. I'm taking life one step at a time and trying to enjoy all the little things that come my way. I have been very blessed with my family, friends, health, husband, son, circumstance...just to name a few things. I'm looking at ways to give back to those a bit on down side of life. I've actually been giving this a lot of thought. We'll see what happens with that.

In the mean time.....happy running. Hope to see everyone out on the trails and roads.