Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Take the good with the bad

Maybe I'm not keeping as up to date with my blog as I would like, but I think about writing often. It's the thoughts that counts right? Maybe not.

So the last few weeks have seen some progress with my groin. After 5 weeks cross training, trying to unsuccessfully run a few steps, and much pouting, I finally was able to get out and run/walk 4 miles for a week which built up to 4 miles of running. Horrah! My groin pain is minimal and getting better each day. I'm just happy that I can run. I feel like an old lady waddling around the streets, but my body is getting used to it again. I'm just a few pounds heavier and a bit more front heavy....and I can completely tell while I'm running. I'm just wondering if it's something I'll get used to, or if it's just something I'll have to deal with.

Last weekend I made a trip out to Lakewood for the Reindeer Run 5K. It was cold, but I met up with 8 other fantastic ladies. The best part was that 4 others were pregnant! How great is that? It's like a mini support group. The "race" went well. I averaged about 8 minute pace comfortably. Not bad considering the past few weeks and the pregnancy I suppose. To make the morning even better, we headed to the Original Pancake House. The wait was long, and I was ready to eat the carpet, but it was well worth the wait. What a selection! I had the best Cinnamon Raisin Pancakes! My Garmin took me took me on some odd route home, but I made it and was completely pooped out. It was a great day that I very much needed though.

So in the "gotta me kidding me" news, I'm sitting here at work, while my parents are in Florida only to have our main set-up guy come in and tell me he found another job and is starting Monday. I'm like " are you serious? you're giving us only 3 days notice?" Talk about a pile of poo that just got shoveled onto me in an instant. Seriously, I'm going to scream! Argh. I had to get the off my chest.

So anyway, I'm currently almost 21 weeks and everything is going really well. We had an ultrasound on Friday and found out we are having a BOY! I'm so excited, and even more excited about the fact that everything looked healthy. I feel like a blimp, but I know that there is much, much, much more to come. I'm just hoping it goes fast!!!

The weather is taking a turn for the bad, but I'm not going to complain too much as we had an amazing fall. I just wish I wasn't stuck on the cross training stuff for 5 of those weeks. I'm hoping to build up my running a bit more and get to a steady routine mixed in with cross training and yoga. Something had to keep to sane!