Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm back

So, it's been a while, and for good reason. I've been running and had things to talk about, but I waited to start blogging again until I felt comfortable to write about the fact that I'm having a baby!! O yeah....I've officially crossed over to the "dark" side and am going to be a pregnant runner for the time being.

We had out first appointment last week and it went well...mostly. Apparently, I pass out like a light if I don't lie down when having a blood draw. Other then that, things went well. We get to hear the heart beat in a couple weeks! Wow! Even though we have come to reality and realize we are pregnant, it still doesn't feel real because I haven't really gained any weight, nor has my belly done anything...yet. I know it's coming though!! Oh, at this point I'm just about 11 weeks and should be due December 18, 2009! My gosh, there are a million people we know that are having babies in November and December!

To make the first 11 weeks quick, I have my off and on nausea moments and tiredness, but overall I know it could be much worse, so I'm not complaining. I'm actually finding the whole process very interesting in what happens to your body. It's like I'm learning about a whole other side of myself. As of week 10, I have felt 100 time better then I did 6-10. I hope it lasts. It's one of those day by day things. The bummer side so far is I pretty much hate eating anything and I CAN NOT STAND COFFEE! What?!? I was a coffee hog and had a cup in my hand all day long. It's crazy. I don't like lunch meat, rare steak, pungent cheese, or anything artificial smelling. Everything is now unscented and all the candles are put away. Jason is a gem about taking the garbage and kitty litter out (maybe it's because I'm ready to heave at the slightest smell of it).

On the running front, I was keeping up my 50 mile weeks up until about week 7 or 8. I kind of crashed out after Mother's Day weekend and needed a couple days off and cut some mileage to recoup. That was a 31 mile week. Oh, these was the week before that I needed an extra day off which made it a 41 mile week. So once I felt like I got my grip on my body and how I was feeling, I ran 41 mile last week and hope to keep it around there for a while. Perhaps the occasional 30 mile week with lots of cross training. I've actually been craving doing some other activities. When you are training for a marathon, you just don't have the time. It's a good excuse for that. I think it would be a good mental break while working supporting running muscles. I'll see how I feel.

The only surprise to me thus far is how hard running became so quickly. I always though that while running pregnant, running got hard because you gained weight. Um no. Apparently, you get quite a bit of extra blood running through your system which is allocated to other organs and the fetus which pretty much sucks all the air out of you. I feel like an old lady breathing when I run. Most days I'm running, I'm guessing, a little slower then normal, but it feels much harder. It's hard to get motivated to go for runs when you're not feeling well, or tired, and you know you're going to be sucking air like a hose. Most of the time the runs make me feel good after though. I'm just taking it day by day. I'm hoping the feeling of it being more of a chore goes away, and my normal attitude of just loving to run takes back over. I mean, I still love running, it's just much harder at this point to be all excited about it. Perhaps it's the lack of impending races or something too.

So all in all, life is really good. I (we) are hoping this goes as smoothly as possible...and that December gets here as fast as possible...ha ha!

Last week rundown:

M- 6m (good run)
T- 40 minute bike
W- 7m (treadmill....too hot out)
Th- 6m (treadmill again...hot) very tired on this run
F- 6m
Sat- 6m
Sun- 10m (actually a good run)

Total: 41 Miles

1 comment:

Quinto Sol said...

Congrats E!!!!...