Monday, February 23, 2009

Moving Along

I am entering Week #2 of being alone at work and trying to keep my sanity. Last week was not so great. I was just one grumpy witch half the time and I couldn't help it. Sometimes when you are surrounded by depressing news and other difficulties it tends to wear you a bit thin. I tried to stay quiet since I didn't want to be snappy or mean to anyone. I can't say the same for when I got home. This week will be better!!! I'm optimistic!

Wednesday was the day from the devil, I swear. The weather was the icing on the cake. I got in my car and made it 1 mile from my house in 30 minutes. I turned down a side street and went back home for a couple hours. The lake effect snow was just too much to handle that day. I went in a couple hours late...did my thing...then watched the weather and traffic report. They closed I-480 due to a 20 car accident or something. I took an alternate route, just to be welcomed by white out conditions and a 2.5 hour ride home. I am so over this freakin winter...it's not even funny.

On the upside, I made it through the week and got in all my runs and workouts...and then some. I've been a bit tired, but nothing too crazy. I did a long run on Sunday in what I think were the most brutal conditions I ventured out in in a while. The wind was so strong, the temp was below 20 without the windchill, and it was snowing and slippery. I just didn't want to run on the treadmill again for a long run. Yuck. My fingers almost froze off and my eyelashes were frozen, but I got it done. I ran up to the park at the end of my neighborhood and thought maybe I could get a loop in. No way....too much snow. I did stop for a minute and took in the view. The wind was whipping up the snow and it looked like a winter wonderland. Kind of pretty....if you weren't ready to freeze to death. Winter has it's own little joys if you know where to look for them, and take the time to appreciate them.

On a side note, the couple hour delay to work on Wednesday gave me a little time to watch some TV. I turned on a show and wondered what it was. Turns out it was the Baby Story. I have to stay, that show is the best birth control available to anyone out there. What the heck is that all about? Who wants to watch some poor woman, going through a difficult labor, just to get a C-Section and describe, painfully, each detail. No thanks. Do people really watch this show...and enjoy it? Maybe it's just me. Give me a show with little bouncy babies...or a family that is expecting. I don't need the gory details. I have friends I can call for that. My rationalization for why it is on during the day is that the women who are stay at home moms already gave birth, therefore, must find this show as a way to relate. Women, like myself, need to stay away. Wow.

Anywho, I'm thinking of perhaps running St. Malachi, which is sooner then I thought. I think it would be fun...though I can't imagine it would be pretty. I need to get a some more workouts so my legs and lungs don't freak the heck out.

Weekly Recap:

M- 7m
T- Medium Track Workout:
(2m w/u, 4x800 (3:09, 3:10, 3:06, 3:04), 2m c/d) 7m Total
W - 40 Min Bike & Lift
Th - 7m (treadmill....shoot me)
F - 6m (treadmill)
Sat - 5m
Sun - 13m (brutal winter weather)

Total: 45m

No comments: