Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year....Merry Christmas...Happy Thanksgiving....etc...etc...etc.
I have some catching up to do. I need to be much better about posting.

To sum it all up....everything is just great. The holidays were hectic as usual, but really nice.
Many of our family and friends had babies, birthdays, and other special events. My birthday came and passed....which means I'm another year older. Haven't moved up to the next age group just yet. Next year. Heh.

The running is going well. No big plans as of now for this year. Seems like I'm on the treadmill more this winter then last. It's not so bad. I'm just glad to be running. I'm averaging about 40 miles per week. Nothing special, just enjoying my time while keeping in shape. I only missed a couple days just after Christmas because I caught a little cold from Jason. I wish I would have signed up for the Buckeye 50 though before it sold out. It would have been really fun I think. At least it would have gave me something to do in terms of getting out with running friends. I really wish this icing over would stop though. I'm not sure if it's the weather, or the fact the cities aren't cleaning the roads as well this year. Who knows.

In other news, Jason accepted a research position at a small company in Akron which means WE ARE STAYING!!! I think it all worked out for the best. He's got a job in an environment that I think suites him, and it gives him the chance to teach if the opportunity pops up. It all worked out and I'm so happy! Funny thing, NASA decided to contact him after he decided on this job. Go figure. We think this was the best for him anyway. I'm just happy, happy happy :)

So, it looks like I'll still be hitting the streets and the starting lines in Northeast Ohio...for a while at least.

No comments: