Friday, September 26, 2008

O Well.....

So this little sore throat I got on Sunday night, turned into a nightmare this week. I really, honestly thought I would be better by now. I didn't think this was going to turn into a freak of a cold that would bump me on my ass. I even took days off in the beginning to make sure my body was using the energy to get well. No dice. Geeze o man. Today was the day I was suppose to feel all better, go for a short run, register for the Akron half, and toe the line in the morning. It's going to be a beautiful day for a race, nice course, lots of friends and family out. Bummer. Double bummer. My training has been great, seems like all the pieces were coming together too. Is this some type of cruel joke or something?
So in my down thoughts, I think to myself, what the heck am I doing? I mean, I pour so much heart and soul...and LOTS of time....into my training, and it seems like I just can't produce on the course lately. Training has been going well...but I just need a good race to show it is doing something. Don't get me wrong...I love being out and running...and training, but it's nice to get a reward on the race course from time to time. Especially when that's what your working for. I feel bad too because when I train this much, I'm usually tired quite and bit...and cranky from time to time, which is something Jason has to put up with. He carts me around to my races and deals with my foot rubs, getting ice for ice baths, and other strange running related things. I mean, I'm not getting any younger here either. I feel like people look at me and are like "Isn't it time for you to have kids or something?" I live in a neighborhood of stay at home moms and homes that have 3+ kids in each house. I can't help but feel like they look at me and think that...they even asked my husband when we were going to have kids. I digress. Not that I really care too much...but sometimes I think about that when I'm a bit down. You know how it all goes.
So, in a nutshell...it's been a really bad week. We all have them. This one happens to be on the last week I could have hoped for. Kinds of a mental bummer...along with the physical yuckiness going on. I guess now, I just have to try and get healthy and get back into the swing of things. Plan for another half in a few weeks. Hopefully, I can get it together.
Hopefully, I can make it out to the races tomorrow. There will be so many people participating in so many races, it would be nice to at least watch and cheer. It's just hard to get past the feeling that I should be out running with everyone. I feel like the little kid who didn't get picked for the team and has to sit the bench.
Don't mean to be a bummer today.....I know it's not the end of the world. Just a little release on my part. For everyone racing this weekend.......Good Luck!

Here's a little article to make you laugh...I just can't believe the things people come up with:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26892950/wid/11915773?GT1=31037

No comments: