Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Miles and Miles

The last week has been pretty smooth. I have upped my mileage successfully without breaking into pieces. I'm feeling strong for the most part and uninjured. I'll tell you though, for every 10 miles you add on per week, it seems like such a huge jump. At first it doesn't seem like a big deal, but the legs have been feeling it for a bit. You know, the heavy leg, feeling like you're shuffling, I want to go to bed feeling. I'm plugging along though.

So to recap, the past couple weeks, I ended up running 71 miles with 2 pretty solid workouts. This past week was a solid 75 mile week. I did 1 good Tempo run on Wednesday of 8 miles with all miles between 6:44-6:50....most of then seemed to sit at 6:46. Total time was around 54:13. Felt really good actually, even though I went in feeling a little tired with little sleep the night before. I was happy with the effort and how I felt for the most part. I'm really trying not to go too crazy on every run and workout. Sometime I get caught up in the moment though.

I ran a long run on Sunday which kind of was brutal for the last few miles. I ran all around Hudson and felt good for the first 10 or so miles, then stopped home for some drinks and a potty break, then finished of 8 miles for a total of 18. I didn't drink enough in the humidity and I was dying the last 3-4 miles. I hate when that happens. It kind of makes the whole run seem sucky even though most of it was pretty decent. I was so happy to see my Gatorade when I finished. I sat on the porch and drank all 64 ounces in glory.

Overall, I'm tired. I'm taking 1 day off this week and hope to hit around 70 miles. I thought maybe I'd do my long run of 16-18 miles on Saturday but I have a baby shower in the morning so it looks like Sunday is the day. Akron Half Marathon is on tap the following weekend. I'm hoping to do something good there.

In other news, I got my first real wedding cake order...whohoo!!! It's not until next August of 2009...but what the heck. I'm excited!

Also, Jason went and visited Texas A&M last week as well. He missed the hurricane by just a few hours and made it home safely. Thank goodness! We are still up in the air with what's going on. As of now, it seems if he goes, it will be for only 1 year...and he may just go and I stay. He's hoping he can work from home for a couple weeks at a time every other month or so. I don't know how those military people do it. They are gone for like 2 years without ever seeing each other. I guess you just cope with what your given, but it would be brutal. My husband means everything in the world to me...and we enjoy each others company, so I'm going to miss him if we go that route. Gush gush.

Until next time, I'm just going to enjoy today.....tired legs and all.

No comments: