Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm not even really superstitious

So, I decided to not post for a while because every time I would post something I would get hurt again. Seriously. Last post I was on a positive note, then the next day my right foot was on the DL. That was a bummer. I'm thinking it was from the overcompensation from the left foot injury. I decided I needed a break from writing about my running life and maybe get the stars aligned in my favor. I'm really not superstitious, but in desperate time.....you know how the saying goes.
Okay...so....dare I say.....I think my body is doing well. After being sketchy with my mileage and workouts to baby my broken body, I think I'm on my way down the path I intended to be down about 3 months ago. I'm getting into the 50 miles or so a week range and am able to handle it. Now, I need to start getting my butt in gear and start doing some good workouts.
To sum it all up, I ran 2 4 mile races. By the way, what's up with the 4 mile race? I've never ran one before, and then there were 2 in a row? Odd distance. Anyway, the first one was good, but tough for me since it was my first hard effort in a while. I ran 25:28 (I think) and was pretty happy with that. Second race a couple weeks later was 25:17 and I wasn't as happy because I felt I never really pushed myself. Life could be worse though. It gave me some motivation.
After that race I had to take a few days off because my foot swelled up like a baseball which freaked me out to no end!! Those few days did a world of good and suddenly everything started to heal for good. Thank goodness!!
So after a few workouts which I probably ran too fast for me at this point, I was feeling pretty good and ran my favorite local race of the year. The Flag Day 5K. I got to see my running friends, which include Salty, who is pregnant and running like a champ. I really hope when I'm pregnant I can keep up like her. I also, saw some running friends I haven't seen in a long time...and I think I even may catch a workout with them on Tuesday. I'll probably be the slow one in the group, but that is good for me. I ran a 19:13 and was pretty happy with it. Not thrilled, but happy with my first 5K in a really long time. My legs feel so sloooow in a 5K. I know with a little speed work I can get into that groove where you are racing fast and feel fast....and good. I'd really like to break 18:00 this year. We'll see how things round up.
So in a nut shell, that is a quick update on my running. This past week was the Flag Day race, and a few easy runs all in the 7-8 mile range. I decided to switch up my mini workout today (Friday) with my recovery day tomorrow since the weather is suppose to be cooler. I don't fare too well in the heat...but who does right?
I'm just so happy to be running as a whole person again!!!

Oh yeah, so, I'm a baking freak right now. I started doing baby and wedding showers and somehow I'm booked for the next month. I guess my stuff tasted good enough for people to want more. What a relief that my food doesn't taste like dirt (which anyone who cooks for others worries about). Whohoo!!!!!!!

1 comment:

ramblings of a runnner said...

Are you coming to solon track on tuesday??? if so you won't be the slow person for sure - because i'll be there!!

Bridget