Monday, April 28, 2008

Where does the time go?

I'm looking at my last, kind of pointless, post and realized it was 3 weeks ago! Seriously, where does the time go?
I'm going through the phase of everything being REALLY busy. I don't even know what it is, the days just fly by.
I actually have some running news to report...Whohoo!!
I've been slowly building up my mileage over the last4 weeks. 35, 40, 43, 46. It's been progressing nicely with minimal discomfort. I'm running 5 days a week with at least one day of cross training (2 if I'm feeling good). The weather has been just wonderful and I've been loving my runs. I'm just grateful that I wasn't injured while all this nice weather is going on!
I did my first workout in FOREVER last week (2 workouts actually).
Tuesday was 3 miles repeats on a really hilly, rocky trail I like to run for strength. It went pretty well, expect for the last loooong hill that made me want to vomit. I ran 6:32, 6:35, 6:28 with a good paced mile up in the opposite direction back. I thought about doing a 4th rep, but I figured this was my first effort back, and my heart rate was going pretty high, so 3 would be fine for the day. Total miles for the day was 8.
Fridays workout I actually got to do in the morning and it was pretty good. 4x miles reps on the track with a 400 jog (800 after the second just for a little mental break). Splits were 6:18, 6:17, 6:20, 6:16. I was really happy with this effort. Totals miles for the workout was 9.
I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to work my training at this point and what races I want to run. So far, I know I need to work on my stretch and stamina. Speed to follow after I develop those a bit first. We'll see how it all plays along.
I keep a parental eye on my foot since it can get sore. I have a finicky tendon on the top that gets sore along with the previous area that was hurt before. Ahhh, the joys. I'm a core work, stretching machine in order to try and avoid any other issues. I do what I can.
So, I'm just happy to be able to write about some running I've been doing. Hopefully, the times will come down, the body will cooperate, and I will have some good old fun this summer and fall. We will see what the cards will bring.

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

Found you through Salty! Great job last night! Sorry I haven't formally introduced myself yet! I see we are both on the VR team this year. I'm excited to be a part of a team with such outstanding women on it!

Hope the foot holds up to the mileage boost!