Monday, February 18, 2008

A New Week

I'm running again....finally!!! I still have the tail end of whatever I caught, but I'm running and all is okay. It's funny, when I really get into a groove, I forget how much 8-12 miles really is. Sometimes I think it's a good thing when you are forced to sit on the side lines for a little while. It kind of helps put everything back into perspective....for a little while at least.
I'm waiting for spring to come as I'm sure all the other snow dwelling folks are doing at the moment. Just waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Please come soon!!
Nothing too exciting on the running front because it's just a build up . Hope to do a tempo type run toward the end of he week. I'm hoping the phlegm and the bit of left over congestion will be gone by then, It's amazing what a tiny little germ can do.

In non running fronts, I spent the whole weekend making cake. There are a couple small parties I am going to, sooooo, I'm bringing cake of course. I think I was a bit ambitious in a cake I'm almost finished with for a Jewelery Party, but it was good learning . I sculpted a purse, a small shoe box, and a shopping bag. Strawberry with Strawberry Buttercream, and Chocolate Fudge with Peanutbutter Buttercream where the flavors. It was my first go at these sorts of shapes so I spent a lot of time, fixing, patching, tearing fondant off, and swearing. Oh yeah, and tasting. I have to stop the tasting thing because if I ever get into making lots of cakes for lots of people, I'm going to be a fatty. A little here and a little there adds up. O well....I'm good for now.

My parents are coming back from Florida in a few days...yippie!!!! That means I don't have to be the "Big Boss" at work. Whenever they leave, I have to run our shop. I like doing it, but it's just really hard for one person to do everything by themselves...especially with 10 employees. Someone just asked me for a raise this morning....ha ha ha ha ha....I just have to laugh. I'll see what I can do. Thank God for running.

No comments: