Friday, October 26, 2007

Have my Cake and Eat it too

Finally after 2 weeks of being sick I'm getting better. I had to take almost a week off of running which was rough. It was great to start again, but it's always that terrible feeling like you've never run in your life. I can understand why people new to running think we are crazy. After a couple runs it got better....which is what I try and tell new runners after their first laboring experience.
It was kind of disappointing because out girls were down to just varsity and I was looking forward to running with the smaller group. This week I got back on my feet and ran with them and it was a lot of fun. We made it to Regionals which is this weekend so it should be exciting to see how we do. Too bad it's all the way in Tiffin though.
The past couple days I ran with the head coach and it was great because we talked all about next year, running, and the impending Men's Olympic Trials. I'm rooting for Brian Sell to make the team by the way!! I'm pretty excited about it. It would be really cool to watch it in person.
I'm in the process of trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my running. I have this desire to get back out on the track and see if I can hammer a sub 5:00 mile but I'm petrified of the track. It's been 6 years since I've raced short distance and I have this vision of my first track race...it goes a little like this....
....gun goes off
....I start running what I think is really fast
....I go through the 400 in about 10 seconds slower then I though I was running
....I fade miserably from the lactic acid build up and stumble in with a time I ran in 9th grade. .....That or I pull a muscle
These legs have been marathon legs for 5 years. I know I'm being a little negative about the whole track thing, but that is my fear for now. I'm also thinking of maybe running a spring marathon. Hmmm...I don't know how those 2 would go together. We'll see what happens. I'm just really enjoying getting in miles during this lovely fall season.

So I had to make a chocolate cake for 100 people. The biggest cake I made was for 30 people previously. This was a whole adventure in itself. After 7 hours of baking and tasting I was going into a sugar shock. Then, my hubby brought home a milk shake for me. I just couldn't. I woke up this morning feeling like I ate a sheet cake for dinner. I probably did....but it was o so good...and o so fun.

Yesterday (Oct. 25th) was our 4 year Anniversary. I can't believe it's been 4 years already....4 wonderful years. I have the best husband in the world. I can honestly say that.

Oh, by the way, Congrats to my running friend LG for a great marathon in Columbus. She fought through a terrible stitch to run an 8 minute PR. Even though it wasn't the time was hoped for....it was still very, very awesome.

1 comment:

The Salty One said...

Happy anniversary! Our anniversaries will be pretty close. I am excited that we actually might have leaves on the trees in a couple of weeks!

Oh, and thanks for the nice words about my race. I'm feeling a lot better about it and looking forward to the next one.

I am so happy you're finally feeling better, too!